Apple produces awesome products, especially iPhones. But we know irrespective of product quality, there can always be criticism.
iPhones get the flak for two features. The first one is their big notch. The second one is the inability of face id to unlock the iPhone when the user is having their face covered. The Android fans always bring forward this point to make fun of Apple. In return, Apple fans always defended by telling them that face id is way more secure than anything present on Android. However, things are going to change for iPhone. Apple has finally heard the wishes of its users.
Apple has made a feature available in the ios 15 update that lets users unlock their iPhones even when they have masks on their faces. Moreover, users can make use of this feature to make payments as well. But this feature is only available in beta updates. Currently, this feature only works if your iPhone is from the latest generation. As per Apple, this feature will work only on iPhone 12 and 13 models running iOS 15.4 beta. Apple is likely to make this feature available in the stable release as well.
A Guide To Using Face ID With A Mask (iPhone) [Beta]
The Face ID With a Mask setup process appears when you update to iOS 15.4. You can also set up the feature manually at a later time. Please note that you’ll need iOS 15.4 on your iPhone to see these options, and iPhone 11 and earlier users won’t see them.
To use Face ID with a mask, you must have both the required software and hardware and follow the given below steps:
- Open your iPhone’s Settings app.
- Navigate to Face ID & Passcode.
- Type in your passcode.
- Select Use Face ID With a Mask.
- On the following page, select ‘Use Face ID With a Mask.’
- Enable Face ID with your mask on.
Setting up a Face ID while wearing a mask is pretty like setting it up as you do without wearing a mask. The difference is that iPhone’s new face identification technology authenticates the distinctive features around your eyes. Upon setting it up, which takes about a minute or so, you should be able to unlock your iPhone in both scenarios i.e. masked and unmasked.
Unlock Your iPhone Wearing A Mask Using An Apple Watch:
Earlier Apple had informed the users on the website that they can unlock their iPhones using Apple watch as well. It said that someone wearing a mask or sunglasses and wearing an Apple Watch can simply raise their iPhone and glance at it to unlock it.
What You Require to Use this Feature
If you want to unlock your iPhone using your Apple Watch, you will need the following devices:
- iOS 14.5 or later with Face ID and iPhone X or later
- Apple Watch Series 3 or later with watchOS 7.4 or higher
The Feature Also Has These Requirements:
- You must pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone.
- Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on your iPhone and Apple Watch. (You don’t need your devices to remain connected to a Wi-Fi network.)
- Apple Watches require a passcode and wrist detection in the ‘On’ state.
- Apple Watch needs to be on the wrist and unlocked to work.
- You should wear a mask, sunglasses, or ski goggles that cover your eyes.
Use Face ID With A Mask By Doing The Following (Apple Watch):
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings app.
- Select Face ID & Passcode from the menu.
- Type in your passcode.
- Choose Unlock with Apple Watch from the menu,
- Select the feature next to your watch’s name. In case wrist detection isn’t turned on, you’ll be prompted to do so.
Here’s How To Use Your Apple Watch to Unlock Your iPhone
- Wear a mask, sunglasses, or ski goggles,
- Make sure your Apple Watch remains unlocked and on your wrist.
- Tap or raise your iPhone’s screen to wake it up.
- You can unlock your iPhone by looking at it. You can then use it by swiping it up from the bottom of your phone screen.
We know pandemic has been prevailing all over the world and it seems it here to stay for a long time. Apple’s new feature will certainly benefit its iPhone users all over the world.
Follow us on:
Show Comments (0)