As a parent, you have to understand why the swimming lessons for your child are very important. Learning to swim plays a significant role in helping to feel safe and confident around the water in all situations. Swimming classes benefit a lot but some kids are not prepared and afraid to jump in the pool.
However, it is totally normal for young children to get nervous. Choosing the right toddler swimming lesson in Singapore can be beneficial in order to guide your kids to be comfortable in the aquatic environment. Instructors are well-skilled to support every child to adapt to the water surroundings with great comfort and safety.
Moreover, there are plenty of tips that parents can consider to prepare their kids for swimming in an effective manner. Let’s discuss it in this blog thoroughly.
Also read, 10 Best Health Drinks for kids in India
Top Tips Parents Can Consider To Prepare Their Toddlers For Swimming Lessons
Taking crucial measures can allow your kids to have more fun and look forward to a toddler swimming lesson in Singapore sessions. Here are several tips to get your little children to swim efficiently.
Manage To Prevent Fear Of Kids
Keep in mind, if your kids have fear of water, instead of putting them directly in the swimming pool, use proper tips for effective preparation.
- Help Kids To Adapt To Water Temperature: It is a must to get used to the water temperature before entering the swimming pool. It will relieve their fear. Just pour a jar of water over the head and face of your child.
- Allow The Kids To Spend A Few Minutes In The Bathtub: Let your kids fully enjoy themselves in the bathtub. Make this moment enjoyable by playing and singing songs to them. Allowing your toddlers to know what will happen ahead enables them to learn how to hold their breath for some time.
- Let A Child Explore: After getting familiarized with the water, the kids might start showing excitement and confidence slowly to play in the pool. Also, let them play with swimming goggles while bathing or during the shower as well. Help your toddlers by setting a cheerful feel of the pool in advance.
- Let Kids Select Their Swimming Suits: This is also the right way to prepare for toddler swimming lessons and make your child excited. Take them to shop for swimming suits with yourself and let them choose their favorite one. Further, explain to them the intent behind purchasing the costume.
Help Kids Blow Bubbles In The Water
Your toddler’s swimming lesson should be full of fun.
- Firstly, parents need to show their kids how to set their faces in the water and get rid of air to create water bubbles. Ask them to do the same.
- If children get nervous, just give them another demonstration. Tell them to put only their mouths in water, facilitating the further process. If they master this trick, it will ease their learning of breath control.
- As a result, it will build confidence to easily put the head in the water and get up from it safely. Once the kids completely learn it, it’s time to get them ready to enroll in Swimming school in Singapore classes. They are fully prepared to be in the swimming pool!
Show Your Child Examples Of Positive Swimming Techniques
Of course, an indoor swimming pool in Singapore is the best way to train your kids about many swimming techniques. But, apart from this, parents can first take help from the internet, full of various knowledge about swimming techniques.
- Parents can search for professional swimming videos and ask their kids to watch them. Make them understand different kinds of strokes.
- Teach the kids about swimming techniques such as proper head position, keeping the spine straight, and positioning the arm in the correct position. It can benefit them as seeing someone else performing the swimming activities will motivate them to do it themselves too.
Train Submerging And Breathing Techniques To Kids
Submerging and breathing techniques are very helpful for the right swimming activity. Here, is how parents can guide this:
- While bathing in the bathtub, parents have to ask the kids to put their faces (with eyes closed and goggles on) properly in the water. Tell them to hold their breath for some time!
- Initially, train the kids to hold the breath for a few seconds under the water. Once they mastered it, ask them to come up to inhale the air and get back underwater for another 3-4 seconds repeatedly.
- When your kids become really proficient to perform it, make it a playful game. Parents should also know if their little ones can do it a few times without any breaks.
- Remember that, breath control is a major feature of almost all types of swimming skills.
Preparing your kids for swim lessons is a great investment for their safety. It can be helpful in influencing the way children can come close to learning swimming skills for their whole life. The enjoyment and calmness children will feel to grasp all the techniques will make them ready to enroll in toddler swimming lessons with great confidence.
Eventually, skilled kids will get many benefits for a lifetime!
Follow us on:
Show Comments (0)