An effectively created website acts as the face your business needs. Getting this digital face developed is a time-consuming as well as the costly process. This is where free online website builders like Wix, Squarespace, and Strikingly prove to be valuable.
What are Wix, Squarespace, and Strikingly? How do these free online website builders benefit businesses? Your brain must have become a production house of many such questions.
The Purpose of This Post:
This post is for the purpose of satisfying your curiosity bugs. In other words, you are going to learn about the pros and cons of these drag-and-drop website development tools through this post.
Let us start with Wix first.
Wix – Create A Website Without Limits:
This Israeli platform has been helping businesses grow beyond geographical boundaries since 2006. More than 8 million businesses in the world are currently leveraging Wix’s potential.
Not even a single competitor of Wix is near this number. It is because of the value Wix offers to its customers/user base. Take a look below in order to understand it:
Pros of Wix:
The core functionality of Wix is a big boon in itself. You can use it for the purpose of publishing content in the form of text, videos as well as images.
Superfast development of an online store and a blog is also possible with it. Hassle-free appointment booking and collection of contact details also make it so useful.
Moreover, Wix offers you affordable feature-rich Website, Enterprise as well as Business & Ecommerce plans. Just tell the customer care team your needs once. They will back to you with a pan that exceeds your requirements at an affordable cost.
Unmatched premium plans also set Wix apart from the competition. Easy-use templates are also its specialty. Artificial Design Intelligence, editor, Velo, access website coding,
Multilingual capability, tax, shipping, and POS features also make it so popular. Even acceptance of multiple currencies using most of the popular payment gateways is easy with it.
Even the use of multiple payment gateways is also possible with it. All in all, the list of its features does not end here only.
We suggest you visit the official website of Wix for the purpose of taking the right decision.
Cons of Wix
Every coin has its flipside. Similarly, you need to consider its cons before developing your website with Wix.
- Websites developed using Wix usually have SEO implications because of unresponsiveness.
- Although Wix makes it easy to display prices in multiple currencies. Check-out in multiple currencies is not hard despite this.
- Forget about switching the template once your website is ready.
- Export/import of blogs as well as digital products is another major thing difficult with it.
- Storage limit with paid plans is another thing to consider for you.
Do you want to use Wix? What do you think about trying Squarespace then? Headquartered in New York City, United States, Squarespace has been exceeding everyone’s requirements and expectations since 2004.
Nearly 2.9 million or more businesses in the world are growing with it digitally. In other words, this hosted solution powers almost 3 million websites worldwide.
Why Should You Use Squarespace?
We have a long list of reasons for you. Take a look below:
- A fantastic user interface is its first benefit of it.
- Keep in mind beautifully designed and contemporary templates of it.
- Features for excellent management also make it the best.
- Multilingual features are also important features of it.
- Several tools in order to help you import content from other platforms.
- Zero transaction fee is another benefit of it.
- Working with a wide range of web fonts is also easy.
- Hassle-free integration with most third-party tools is also possible with it.
- Zappier integration.
- Highly usable as well as an affordable marketing tool for your business.
- Its logo designing app of Squarespace can be used in order to create a professional-looking logo.
- A video maker app. Unlimited storage and unlimited bandwidth in addition to creating a free custom domain name are also benefits of it.
- Paid users get a free Squarespace custom domain name is free for an entire year.
Again, it is time to look at its dark side for making the right decision.
Cons of Squarespace:
- Squarespace is more expensive than its competitors.
- Lacks multi-currency selling features.
- GDPR compliance is unreliable on the cookie consent front.
- Even tax automatic tax calculations are still not allowed outside the United States.
- The payment gateway is one of the points often overlooked in it.
- Still no support for Googe Pay.
- Version history functionality in addition to autosave for pages and posts is unavailable.
- Sites based on it take usually take more time to load.
- POS (Point of Sale) is not available outside the United States.
- Furthermore, only a card reader is allowed to be used while selling offline.
- Access to customer support is possible only through email or live chat. They still cannot be accessed through a phone call.
- Not more than 31 apps are available in the Squarespace app store.
- An extendable 14-day trial is available for you instead of a free plan.
Strikingly – Make A Website In Minutes
Strikingly is also a fantastic option for beginners. Such a great option to get your website up and running in just a couple of minutes.
Moreover, it is one of the top five website builders in the world. Strikingly has been powering millions of websites of small businesses.
Most small-scale businesses use it to give their business a digital face. Even bloggers use it in a like manner.
Get a glimpse of the pros and cons for this reason. Correct education about it will help you make the right choice for your business.
Pros of Strikingly:
- First-timers can easily understand the way their editor works.
- Electric fast customer care staff saves your time. Most customers get solutions to their issues within two minutes only.
- Everything is documented to perfection by the support.
- Their focus remains on one-page sites for all types of businesses. As a result, not even a single gets complicated. That’s a huge plus for those who are coding geeks.
- Feature-rich and easy-to-use editor for you.
The Other Side Of It:
Only the pricing and mobile optimization are problems of it. Competitors are not charging as much as Strikingly is charging to allow users the following:
- Strikingly branding.
- Connecting custom domain.
Furthermore, editing a part of your mobile-optimized website will be impossible. To put it differently, moving or removing a section or an element of your website will be like cracking a hard nut.
Hopefully, you are in a position to make the right choice for your business after reading this post. Read more online if you still have any question or doubt in your mind. You will be able to make the right call only if your mind is clear.
For this reason, you can post your queries below in the comment section or get in touch with us. Our team of developers will get back to you with the best possible solution or answer at the earliest.
Striking is focused on adding value to single-page websites. Therefore, use it only for single-page websites. For details, you can visit their official website.
You can use Wix for developing website design, website templates, Editor X, Advance Web Development, Mobile Apps, Hire A Professional, Email Marketing, Social Posts, Facebook Ads, Social Management, and more. Visit their official website to know everything in detail.
Toggle content goes here, click edit button to change this text.